Monday, May 21, 2012

Being Famous

Angie sent me an e-mail that I thought deserved a spot on the blog:

Yes, yes, we mothers may not live a glamorous life, but it's better than fame any day. (Okay, so MOST days.) But I was also thinking this morning that you could argue that good mothers are actually more famous than any starlet of the big screen. I mean, consider your Mom. Brett and I were doing the math the other day, and she has 12 children and 30 grandchildren - let's say she ends up with 50 grandkids. If each of them average just 3 kids each, that's 150 great-grandkids. Another generation would be 450 great-great grandchildren. So now the total of blood offspring is at 662. And that's just 4 generations. Not to mention all of the spouses in there - that doubles the total! You keep going and the numbers are mind-boggling. Generations and generations of people will all rise up and call her blessed! I don't think any earthly position or accomplishment can hold a candle to the kind of fame and veneration only a mother (or parent) can achieve. A few generations from now all but a very few "famous" people will have been LONG forgotten. But not us mothers. Hah!


LOVE IT!!!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

It's true, the growth is exponential. Totally cool to think about. How your mom raised 12 kids is beyond me. She's a hero.