Thursday, September 25, 2008

Here's the first

Well, here goes. I hope I can keep everyone informed on what is new in the life of the Brouwers right here on my Blogspot. I just spent 3 hours working on that banner. I'm pretty tired, so I don't have much to write.

I spent the afternoon today sanding a chest of drawers so I can repaint it and use it as a storage for all my craft things. It is one of the first items of furniture we bought as a married couple and the only piece of furniture that has made it this long. Pretty good for a chest of drawers bought at Sam's club (I think!)13 years ago.

Here's a picture of the work in progress. It's my first time with a sander. My hands really couldn't quit shaking when I put it down. Sander's are pretty powerful!

In other news: Ammon is potty-training. Oh, the misery--for both of us. He's not really getting it, so I'm at a point where I'm wondering, does it really matter if I wait and let him just train himself or will it take just as long no matter when I start? Or, will he be going to Kindergarten in pull-ups. I know, I know. I've been here before. Why does it seem so much worse this time. Maybe because I have a kid whose stomach is always a little sour. Okay, enough gory details.

My kids have decided to make a movie entitled "Goggle-Man and Goggle-Mama". I guess they got the idea when Kyle went whooshing through the house tonight with his cape and goggles on. I don't know how I got pulled into this though. Release date of new film will be posted on this site. Stay tuned.

I'll post pictures of the new house soon. I did take some the other day. I know you're all very curious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky awesome blog... and you were up pretty late making it I can tell by the time stamps :) I'm going to add you guys to the side bar on our blog larry-amy.blogspot.com
We're so glad your close...
Love Ya

Chips and Salsa with Beans said...

Amen to the potty-training! I'm doing it times two over here. Ugh.

swissscrapper said...

I am so happy you decided to join the blogging world. Makes friends and family seem a lot less far away. Congratulations on the pregnancy. We will be praying for you both.

Juli said...

Becky, I love your banner. Good work. You should talk to Kim about the potty training thing. Definitely empathetic.