Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our new house


Okay, so a bunch of you have been wondering about our new place. Here are some pictures, finally! We love living in Highland. There is something serene about it. I love the wide fields and even the smell of manure (It sort of reminds me of Idaho.:-) I don't miss an opportunity to blame the smell on Kyle though. Six-year-olds love that kind of humor. The neighbors are great and I really enjoy sending the kids outside to play. There just seems to be a lot more room to roam.

Today was really relaxing. I almost felt a little lazy, but sometimes it's good to just stop and enjoy a day. I took Ammon to the Rec Center and signed him up for a gymnastics class which he LOVES. Can you blame him. The funny thing is, he complained about it the whole way there. He wouldn't get out of the car because he didn't want to go to "nastics". I finally pulled him in where he pouted until we walked into the gym. He saw the other kids jumping on trampolines, balancing on beams, doing rolls and flips, and I think he finally understood what "nastics" is. He had a blast, and I had a good time watching him. He is pretty voracious with his jumping and tumbling. Every time he stood on the pommel horse then came crashing down on his behind, the teacher would cringe. He must have extra padding down there. After his class, we went swimming. It was pretty quiet at 12:00 noon, and so we had a good time splashing in the water together. I tried to teach him a few strokes, but he was more interested in splashing me.

After getting cleaned up, we went to lunch at Cafe Rio. I don't normally treat myself, but it was just one of those days and I felt like it. It was great food. We had a little shopping to do. Ammon fell asleep on the way home. I put him in bed, then I went to sleep, seeing as I was up late last night working on my blog, I was pretty tired. What a great morning! Of course, then the kids got home. Then, we were off to Activity Days, Lacrosse practice, Pack Meeting and Scouts. It all got done though, and here I am at 10:00 finished with a day. Pretty good day all in all. Maybe, it's because I woke up in a good mood. I had a dream last night that I decided my life dream was to be a first grade teacher because I wanted to teach first graders to read and write. Weird, but it sort of made me happy to have a life dream. It's sort of nice to have a dream. I think my newest dream is to run a marathon, after reading my friend Juli Robinson's blog about her marathon. It sounds more like a spiritual awakening than a grueling, torturous, why-are-you-doin-this-to-your-own-body sort of exercise. Leave it to Juli.

5 comments:

Full House said...

Yeah I found you!! I can't tell you how much I have been thinking about you lately. I keep meaning to get your phone # and then something always comes up. Anyway I can't get you off the brain. I hope you are doing well. Sure do miss you. What is your email? Love Christina

Tania said...

I LOVE your blog Becky:o)) Congratulations for no. 5!!!!

Angie said...

Becky, I love the house pics! Your home is beautiful. My favorite picture is the one of Oma and Opa playing air hockey! I can't wait to see you guys (and your house) at Thanksgiving time!

Nicole, Paul, Ike and Aubs said...

Great Blog Becky! Thanks for the invite. I'm glad that you had such a nice day and that you treated yourself. You surely deserve a little self indulgence from time to time. Also, thanks for calling me about the mall. Unfortunately I had forgotten that my ringer was turned off and so I didn't get your messege until way late in the day. Let's get together soon though!

Mom of Four said...

Congrats on number 5!! I guess I didn't pick up on that the first time I went to your blog. :) Amanda B told me about your number 5 tonight at women's conference. Oh, and the food thing is so hard for us too. Jonny doesn't really do sandwiches, but he does like salame (which I find weird) plain. So he gets his protein from that and sometimes puts in on crackers. Best of luck with that. :)