I'm really trying to figure out politics. Usually, it just makes me sad. I wish there were some moral people to vote for. Who, being moral, would want to involve themselves with politics anyway? It's a sad state of affairs our country is in and I feel sorry for whoever gets elected because they'll have quite the job to inherit. However, I still think our responsibility as citizens to vote for elected officials is so important.
A friend of mine posted this link on her blog. It is a test. Apparently it was written by a guy named Bradley O’Leary who is the former president of the American Association of Political Consultants. He wrote a book about Obama for this reason:
“I basically wrote this book for my six daughters and six of my grandchildren who can vote because a couple of them had told me they were going to vote for Barack Obama,” O’Leary says. “When I asked them why, they said because he was good looking, his rhetoric was wonderful, [and] they liked listening to him.”
In response, he put together a test for voters to compare their views on the issues with those of Obama. ”You score one point every time you agree with Barack Obama and you subtract a point every time you disagree with him,” O’Leary explains. “And if you wind up in the plus area, then you should vote for him. If you wind up in the minus area, then you should perhaps rethink about who you’re going to vote for.”
So, of course I took the test. I’ve kind of been on the fence about the candidates but after taking this test, I was surprised at just how far on one side I scored and how the rest of the country voted on these issues. I’m aware that the author is probably biased, although I felt the questions were worded pretty fairly, but at least this opened my eyes to many of the issues.
Your turn. See if you’re surprised at your score.
barakobamatest
3 comments:
I wasn't suprised. I'm a republican because I'm prolife...that is my biggest reason. I got an 86 percent score against Obama. I'm also prowoman so I'm happy to see Palin on the ticket! I did have to use my brain to think through the questions! I'm glad I'm not into politics!
Thanks Becky, that was very interesting! I was very surprised to see the "All Americans" score on each question. I have struggled with getting into politics and it was helpful to answer questions that showed me where I stand on many issues. I agree with you though - mostly politics just make me sad!
I wish there were a business man for us to vote for. I really think we need someone who is good at managing money and thinking ahead. I'm tired of politicians. I think we should hire someone who we could fire if they messed up. I admit it - I'm sitting the fence. I look forward to taking this test.
Post a Comment