Wednesday, October 15, 2008

For all you crafty people

Okay, so I've never claimed to be creative in the decorating sense. Most of my house is still picturless because I can't decide where my pictures should hang. I generally leave those decisions to Robert because he usually does a better job at it than I do. So, I have a dilemma. Some of you creative, crafty people might be able to give me some ideas.

Our family has a list of about 10 family mottos that we made in a Family Home Evening at one point. We put them on a really ugly posterboard with marker that I had hanging in our home in Danville. I'm ready to update our look. I've thought about putting them on 10 different wooden plaques with vinyl lettering or toll painting. Just putting the vinyl lettering directly on the wall. Maybe the vinyl lettering on the wall interspersed with framed family pictures. Maybe I could hire one of my very talented sisters-in-law or a couple sisters to make a caligraphy artwork for me to frame and just hang on the wall. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck! (just kidding) It's hard to decide those things isn't it. I am always moving stuff around.

Amanda said...

What are the mottos? I'd love to hear them. I have some vinyl lettering directly on my wall. It's very easy to take off if you don't like it. I have a friend who would cut paper the size of her frames or other artwork and then she would tape the paper on the wall and move it around until she was happy with the arrangement. You could try that. Good luck, my house could use some good decorating TLC itself.

Angie said...

Hey now, I really liked your poster myself! But, if you're lookin' to go all fancy on us, I really like your idea of mixing vinyl lettering on the wall with vinyl lettering on plaques. It would look cool to use a different font for each motto! Good luck!