Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Softball, Halloween and Family



I had a marvelous time watching my sister's softball team play BYU. She assistant coaches the CSI (College of Southern Idaho) softball team. She played for BYU for 4 years, so this was an especially special time for her. They played a few games while they were here, and then she got to spend Sunday night and Monday with me! I love living in Utah. In the last month we've had more people stay with us than we had in a year before we moved here. I guess, I might get a little tired of it at some point, but for right now, I'm really enjoying the family connections.

My mom and dad will be here tomorrow night. Mom will have her 11th chemotherapy treatment on Friday. Only one more to go after that. We're all really excited for her to be done. She's been such a trooper. You don't hear her complain. The closest thing I've ever heard her to complaining was "If I ever get cancer again, I'm just not going to tell anyone." Poor thing. Nevertheless, I'm still excited to see her and Dad on Thursday.

On Monday, I took Debbie up to Aspen Grove to visit our brother and his kids. Aspen (Jim's daughter) is great friends with Ammon. She likes to mother him. She's an oldest child and is about 7 months older. He likes to protect her. She'll say "Ammon, come save me!" and off he goes to save the day. She's way cute! And, they are way cute together.

Today, we're picking out costumes for the kids for Halloween. Ashlee wants to be an Asian Princess like her friend Madi was last year for Halloween. Kyle wants to be a hunchback (way easy costume! :-)) Ammon wants to be a pumpkin even though he was one last year. I don't think he remembers. Good thing I have two great pumpkin costumes. Way to get mileage. Ethan wanted to be something scary! I was looking all over the internet. Of course, he wants to be original, so a monster, dracula, Frankenstein, a bat, skelton, etc, were'nt going to cut it. I finally suggested he should be a dead/zombie Lacrosse player. That shouldn't be too difficult with a little homemade fake blood and white face paint. Phew....glad that's over. Now, I have a month to prepare my little monsters. BTW-I'm giving out pencils and stickers for Halloween this year and encourage everyone else to do the same! Here's to Mothers Against Sugar Highs.

Here's a gorgeous photo of the foliage up the Alpine Loop. It takes me about 10 minutes by car to get here.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very cute Becky. We need to come visit too!

Angie said...

I'm so happy for you to be living in Utah! You've spent a lot of years away from family so it's nice that you get to see and spend time with them now. Aspen and Ammon are a cute couple!

Julie Ramsay said...

All my friends buy their candy off their children. I don't do that...I just eat it all.

Kim and Jim said...

Cute pictures of Aspen and Ammon! Maybe we can bribe you into taking some good family pictures for us... we've been meaning to get a good family shot for a while now.
Kim